Tuesday, July 31, 2007

First day of school!!





Hooray its finally here! Caden was so brave and just walked right in to kindergarten all by himself. He was so happy to help pack a lunch and couldnt wait to eat it. I felt guilty for enjoying my time at home without being a referee for a while. But we got some things done but Olivia did miss him and kept trying to get me to play with her. Now I cant wait for preschool in 2 weeks. After school it took a half hour to pick up. Caden told me about recess(2 of them) and the teachers big computer screen and his friends and lalala he had lots of fun. He did get a little tired at nap time but he didnt fall a sleep. I missed him and I tried really hard to not get mad at him for the rest of the day because thats pretty much all I will see him is 4until 9 when he crashes. This will be good for both of us kind of refreshing our relationship and making us enjoy our little time together. Today Im trying to get stuff done while Owen is sleeping. And tadaa! I finally made Olivias blanket all by myself. I can say I truely know my sewing machine pretty well now. Im excited for more projects. Its not even 11:00 and we are on our 2nd fruit roll up and small bag of chips. I guess I better find something for this little girl to do today or she will be on a pure sugar rush. She is really starting to mature. The way she talks sometimes is so grown up. But only when she is alone its so funny. She is such a sweetheart. I can tell us girls are going to have fun as she gets older. Im so thankful for these three sweet miracles I have been blessed with.

11 comments:

Linda said...

How fun! I can't believe Caden is in Kindergarten.... I can't wait for Porter to start Preschool. And the blanket you made looks so cute! Good job.

The Scotts said...

Very cute. I can't imagine all day kindergarden. I think I will be ready when the time comes!! Your blanket is adorable. Have fun having a little more time.

Laura said...

Congrats on Caden's first day! So cool!! I LOVE Olivia's blanket you did such a great job!!! It looks like she loves it too!! Oh and your new background looks fantastic! How nice that Mark now sells hot dogs instead of cars! :)

Katie said...

How exciting! I will have 2 kids in school all day starting the 13th! Crazy how fast time has flown by! Love the blanket you made! Your kids are soooo cute! I love their smiles and how their faces TOTALLY light up!

Becky said...

Oh, first day of school! How exciting! Yay for some more free time! I love the blanket by the way!

Ami Bethea said...

You are such a sweet mom! I love how you talk about your kids. I can't even imagine Stratton going to kindegarden but since it's only a year away I better prepare myself. Enjoy your extra time!

Anonymous said...

Has school started already? WOW! Caden looks so handsome and you did a fab job on Olvia's blanket. I laughed when you wrote about not getting mad at him for the rest of the day... seems like I get upset with Brigg alot. I wonder if it's the age!

Maren said...

what a stud! can you believe your little boy is in kindergarten? crazy!

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

I miss being Caden;s teacher so much! He's such a big boy! I bet you're so proud! Don't feel guilty for loving your free time, you deserve it!

ashley

Trisha said...

Hi Leslie, it's Trisha Belnap (Joel's sister). I got your blog from Alison Devey. It's so funny what you find just by looking at someone else's blog. That's so great that Caden's in Kindergarten! He's so big and looks just like his daddy! I just started my own blog and am discovering that this is quite fun!

Melissa said...

I can't believe school is starting already. I guess it's better than being out in the heat. I'm so happy to hear that he likes it. I'm sure that will help Olivia like pre-school too. Brody's starts next month. i can't wait to take him school shopping. Great job on the blankie!