Monday, December 10, 2007

Good times





Anyone that knows me knows I love movies. Its a given growing up in Rent a Flick. I have many fond memories of " working" with my mom( really I was just sitting there watching movies so she wasnt alone.) What I remember I truely treasure. I loved working with my brothers listening to all the latest music and watching the new movies before anyone else could.It was seriously awesome to be sick because my dad would bring home a huge stack of movies to watch. Oh the memories of watching James Bond when I was 6 are wonderful!! It was fun waiting for the roach coach to come and pick what ever we wanted because he just traded movie rentals for food. It was great! We pretty much traded everything for movie rentals-gymnastics,food,doughnuts,carpet cleaning and of course Dentistry. Anyways the point of this memory is my love for holiday movies. We at the oberly home love Elf and Jingle All the Way( sooo funny) and at the Merrill home we loved too many to name but we loved Better Off Dead, Christmas Story and Christmas Vacation. What is everyones favorite movies???? Here are some more pictures. Owen figured out he can climb in the cupboard and shut the door it was really cute to watch him.

9 comments:

SunGood said...

Hi!! K we are so cute?? Look at you guys! Your kids are darling! It's like mini Mark and Leslie's running around!! I totally forgot your parents used to own "rent a flik".. we used to rent movies there all the time!! You have HAVE to go to the dunes! We would love that!! All our kids would have so much fun playing together and eating sand and getting dirtier than ever! :)

Becky said...

I forgot your parents owned that store, we used to rent there too! Ok, and you're one of the only people I know that loves Better Off Dead, I personally love it, it's a classic!

Birchall Family said...

I love rent a flick...I remember going there all the time to get movies when we were little. So thanks for the memorys for me too! I must say Elf is my fav! My kids love all the Santa clause movies, they are actually pretty cute. Your kids are so cute in all the pictures...I love Owen in the cupboard. All ours are baby proof so Ty can't get in.

Laura said...

What fun memories! At the Lanes my Dad always finds the Christmas Story marathon and thats our background "music" for ALL of Christmas day....but in our house its mostly Elf! I love Elf, Elf is my favorite! :) Callie loves to shut herself in the cabinet she and Owen would be great partners in crime! :) She mostly picks the one with dog treats in it! :)

Jenna{Mommy in Manhattan} said...

O.k first of all...your kids look so much like you it's crazy! Love all the pics. Elf is the best movie ever and I never get sick of it! I remember you always quoting every movie possible in high school. I've never been good at that. But I can quote elf!

Pepper Lovin! said...

I love Christmas Vacation too! We laugh everytime. I think that you are one of the people that truely made me start LOVING music. In 9th you were my secret santa for cheer. You made me a tape of your fav song. I still have it! But I loved all the songs. Thanks for that! Anyway Alan my hubby he worked in a video store that his sis owned and he is the same way about movies. We have soooo many.

Ashley -The Cutest Blog on the Block said...

I didn't know your parents worked for rent a flick! How fun for you! What fond memories. I love elf! That's gotta be my fave!

Caryn said...

GIVE ME MY TWO DOLLARS!

I love having older siblings who could make sure we saw he classics... cute post!

AZ Finters said...

Your kids are getting so big! Very cute!